clothes, accessories and beauty products.. for the fashionista on a college-sized budget.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Day 19!

My Days aren't off if you were wondering. I count today, and Christmas day. So there. Haha I got a little confused the other day and whipped out my handy dandy calender, and yep!
ANYWAYSSSSSS, today I'm going to blog about..
the MILITARY slash COMBAT LACE-UP BOOT
Sounds.. manish right? Or ugly? Or just weird? NOPE. I'm currently in LOVE with the military boot look. I'll take them shorter or taller, don't matta to me! At first glance you start to think.. what will I ever wear with those? The thing is.. anything! I know I say that a lot, but I mean it when I say it. The beauty of trends and fashion right now is, you can pretty much mix and match anything, and it's totally fab. I mean, you gotta know where to draw the lines, (get it? I drew a line through it hehe) but pretty much it's just one big wear whatever you want and rock it fad right now!
Back to the boots.
So I love the shorter lace-up boot because they look ADORABLE with a precious dainty little sock. Once again, sounds so weird. NOPE, it's not. Shorter socks are in right now. I think it's hilarious because when I was younger I had a pair of these kind of socks for every outfit. Member the socks with the little ruffles that you folded over at the top? Yep, wore those to church every Sunday. It's just great. You know what kind of socks I'm talking about now, don't you? Yeah, those kind. Ruffles or no ruffles. Please and thanks.

If you are wanting the taller boots, once again, love them. These can be worn with higher socks/tights whatev. If you wanna wear sockies, tuck your pants into the socks before puttin on yo boots. I mostly would go for the mid-height ones, because they are a lot more versatile than the super tall ones. My favorite thing to do with the mid-height is
1. Lace them up most of the way. 2. Take the laces wrap them completely around the boot, then back around to the front. 3. Then tie. 4. Cutest thing ever. It makes them look more casual, and just chillish.

Don't feel weird wearing these, everybody loves them.. they just might not know it yet.
If you get some that have a softer, flimsier leather, fold them over at top. However much you want. Super cute.
They also make tons of cute ones with like sockish material sewed in, or fur- love them, especially for the folding over.
The one thing I have noticed about mine is there are not very comfortable at first. The first day I wore mine my feet killed after. It's because the soles are so structured and they're a shape my foot isn't used to.. I fink. They break in pretty fast, so don't stop wearing them if yo feet hurt afta tha first time! Ya'll get whaa I'm spittin at chu?



They come in all shapes and sizes, different colors, some with a little heel, some with major heels, go for what fits your style best. The ones you think you'll wear most.
This look is totally just about rockin them your way, whatever that way is.

I'm glad we could have this talk.
Till tomorrow loves!
xoxo
LL
P.s. Thanks to all you who read this, it really does mean a lot. Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment