clothes, accessories and beauty products.. for the fashionista on a college-sized budget.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Day 12 (more than halfway there!)

Christmas is seriously like gonna be here in a second! I'm so excited. I wish there was snow on the ground though. Like my first Christmas season being somewhere where it actually snows, and there is no snow! LAME!

Highlighter slash mineral veil for yo face.

You may be asking yourself.. what's highlighter fo thaa face?! Well, guess what? I'm gonna tell you. I always do right?
So highlighter is a translucent powder used to highlight the face. It gives you a healthy glowy look and makes you look alive and awake (especially in the winter when we're all whiteys.. especially me since I'm too cheap to buy a tanning pass right now).
Highlighter really is magical! Like when you first apply it, sometimes it's not very noticeable and such, but outside or in like pictures- it makes you look poppin.
The gorgeous thing about highlighter is that you can pretty much put it anywhere. Like it's obviously meant to highlight your cheek bones, but you can put it anywhere! If you want your eyes to look more awake, you can totally put it on as eyeshadow, or just around the eye area. One of my favorite places to put it is around the sides of the eye. So when you turn your head its just like BOOM! I would lightly sweep it over the whole face, and then put on my blush, then add a little more just to the cheek bones.

Am I even making any sense?
...I hope.

Highlighters usually just look like a white powder, which seems so weird to put on your face. Like HELLLLLO! I don't wanna be whiter than I already am.. right? The thing is its translucent, so when you apply it, it isn't thick or anything. It's just a sheer powder. It just adds a little glow. They also make shimmery ones, which add even more glow. Whatever you're feelin though right?
My all-time favorite highlighter is the bare essentials one. It's called the mineral veil. It can be put over the whole face to kind of hold your make-up in place or just used as a highlighter.
These are about $20, but last foreverrrrrrrrrrrr.


My second favorite highlighter I've tried so far has been my Maybelline New York Mineral Powder Finishing Veil. It isn't too much about $6-8 dolla range, but then again lasts forever. Like you hardly dip your brush in it, and sweep it over the face.



I love the mineral veils. I feel like it locks my face make-up in place and makes it last that much longer. We all hate getting ready, then a few hours later lookin in thaa mirror and seeing that our make-up is like off. Well this will help with that immensely, plus make you look happy and healthy.

Spread the love, it's Christmas time!!
xoxo
LL

No comments:

Post a Comment