clothes, accessories and beauty products.. for the fashionista on a college-sized budget.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

ch..ch..check it out!

I get over-whelmed thinking of where to start on this thing. I guess I'll just go off my day-to-day life kayy muhh peeps?

OCTOBER 7 2010
Tuxedo shoes for women, AKA oxfords.
I'M IN LOVE.
First of all, I'm so obsessed with the fact that men's wear is so in right now for women. Blazers, over sized everything, big watches, you name it.. a girl could rock it right now and totally get away with it. Finally we're at a point in time where women can go as far as dressing like a guy(in a feminine way of course) and get away with it. It's socially acceptable. It's actually socially encouraged right now.
 Um, can I get a HOLLER?
Anyways, oxfords. LOVE EM. I bought a new pair yesterday that look similar to these:


See at first I was so hesitant to buying a pair of oxfords because I did not know what in the world I would wear them with. Big whoop Lex. What was I thinking? You can pretty much wear these babies with anything! ... Okay I lied, not anything but there is quite a large range they look fetchin' with. (You better believe I just said fetchin')
SUGGESTIONS
-an above the knee skirt, high waisted, with some tights, and honestly any top, sheer and flowy, a graphic tee, probably tucked in, go for it.
-any type of dress, I especially love pairing a girly kind of dress with the oxfords (florals people! and don't forget the tights for winter)
-a longer shirt with jeggings. (p.s. i love jeggings)
-a great pair of cropped pants to the ankle look SO cute with oxfords.
-boyfriend jeans with a blazer and oxfords=gorgeous outfit.
Honestly, the list pretty much goes on forever, just don't pair them with something hideous kay guys? promise?
No maxi dresses and oxfords or anything like that...
Glad we got that cleared up. Now here are some different styles of oxfords. Be brave! Be bold! ROCK THOSE OXFORDS!
Dolce Vita Platform Oxford ShoeJeffrey Campbell Two-Tone Oxford Wedge ShoeCooperative Wool Toecap Oxford ShoeBass Enfield Saddle Shoe
Malababa Ines Oxford ShoeDeena & Ozzy Perimeter Oxford ShoeKimchi Blue Teardrop OxfordSam Edelman Oxford
(thank you urbanoutfitters.com for sharing your ADORABLE oxfords with us)

I just want to make sure everyone knows they CAN rock oxfords. Not even gonna lie, at first I was super sketched out. I never thought I would buy a pair. Lately I just can't get my hands off of them. Be a rebel, do something different, and go buy a pair! If you don't get at least one compliment on them you can blame me. Straight up. Not even a big deal, cause I know you'll get hundreds.
Well, this has been fun.

XOXO
LL

No comments:

Post a Comment